PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion in net revenue in 2021, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes LAY’S ®, DORITOS ®, CHEETOS ®, GATORADE ®, PEPSI ®, QUAKER ® and more. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people.
Our employees drive our culture. No two days are the same; we are dynamic and full of passionate teams that embrace new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, we know that our company can only succeed when our associates and the society we serve flourishes. We are committed to fostering a diverse workforce by creating a collaborative, equitable and inclusive space where everyone, regardless of what we look like, where we come from or who we love, has a voice. At PepsiCo we create a space to be you.
Learn more about our culture and life at PepsiCo: https://stories.pepsicojobs.com/
Now we are looking for this position:
Software Engineer II
The Software Engineer II will play a pivotal role in software development activities and long-term initiative planning and collaboration across the Strategy & Transformation (S&T) organization. Software Engineering is the cornerstone of scalable digital transformation across PepsiCo’s value chain. This candidate will support the end-to-end software development experience and deliver high quality software as part of the DevOps process.
The candidate will be part of our software development team to ensure we deliver the best possible software solutions and ensure they are generating value through cost savings or incremental value. This candidate will work closely with the user experience, product, IT, and process engineering teams to develop new products and prioritize deliver solutions across S&T core priorities.
- Support the vision and guide a team of engineers to build and support digital products and services (DPS) across S&T core priorities
- Partner with User Experience, Product Management, IT, Data & Analytics, Emerging Tech, Innovation, and Process Engineering teams to deliver the Digital Products portfolio
- Support software development strategy utilizing industry standards. Create roadmap and timing of implementation of the roadmap based on business requirements and strategy.
- Support expanding DPS capabilities through a customer obsessed, services-driven digital solutions platform that leverages data and AI to deliver automated and personalized experiences
- Help problem solve delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to the stakeholders
- Interact with key business partners to recommend solutions that best meet the strategic needs of the business
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- 3+ of relevant software development and engineering experience
- Commanding knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Expertise in Java and Spring / SpringBoot ecosystem, JUnit , BackEnd MicroServices, Serverless Computing, Creating REST API’S
- Experience with Azure (preferred), Google Cloud, or Amazon Web Services and cloud specific PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience with high throughput cloud native distributed systems
- Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services
- Deep knowledge of design patterns
- Full stack engineering experience would be great, but not required
- Strong attention to detail and extremely well-organized
- Ability to run a large team of software engineers
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to be able to interface with the business and recognize their needs and priorities
- Ability to work cross functionally with product, service design and operations across the organization
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to Engineering services, education, and support
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to navigate through a complex and matrixed internal environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units
- Ability to navigate a complex organization and to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
In PepsiCo, we are committed to offer equal development opportunities to all the candidates, no matter the religion, race, sexual orientation, nationality, age, etc. We respect and appreciate the diversity as a workforce and innovation to the organization. If you have the profile that we are looking, send us your CV by this via, if it's possible that you can participate in this process we will contact you ASAP, if not we will keep your info in our base data for 6 months.
¡Thank you so much for your interest in PepsiCo!