Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our technology teams play a key role in connecting listeners with millions of stories by imagining, designing, developing and testing the software and applications that make up Audible’s platform. As a Support Engineering Manager, you’ll anticipate and seek out obstacles before they occur, and implement solutions that allow our engineers to fulfill strategic and tactical business goals. You’ll coach teams to deliver visionary products and programs to deliver the most value for our millions of customers. This is a chance to drive the future of our technology, mentor future leaders and inspire innovation.
As a Support Engineering Manager, you will...
- Be a technical lead for organization and a support leader for peers across the company
- Have a solid understanding of the business as it relates to the team’s supported services
- Lead or participate in team-wide user groups to exchange support information, procedures, and best practices
- Build expertise in system design and configuration and contribute to architecture design for the team
- Be involved in all major technical decisions in the team, and work with development and QA teams to help increase service supportability, scalability, and performance
- Lead moderate initiatives that span multiple services such as efficiency and scaling
- Manage team-wide outages ensuring accurate documentation and timely resolution
- Define aggressive SLAs and drive the team to meet them through metrics creation and analysis
- Conduct team planning and reviews
- Have an understanding of the technologies, tools, procedures, resources, and best practices used to improve operational excellence
- Determine best practices for code management, support, code builds, and code deployments
- Participate and drive operational excellence across your team
- Take a role in the strategic direction of the team
- Display leadership core values and lead people or virtual teams
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in an Audible workspace (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Mexico City, DIF, MEX