Full Stack Python Engineer
We Are PepsiCo
Join PepsiCo and dare to transform! We are the perfect place for curious people, thinkers and change agents. From leadership to front lines, we're excited about the future and working together to make the world a better place.
Being part of PepsiCo means being part of one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with our iconic brands consumed more than a billion times a day in more than 200 countries. In
PepsiCo Mexico is one of the most important consumer products companies in the country. Our product portfolio, which includes 22 of the world's most iconic brands, such as Sabritas, Gamesa, Quaker, Pepsi, Gatorade and Sonrics, has been a part of Mexican homes for more than 116 years.
A career at PepsiCo means working in a culture where all people are welcome. Here, you can dare to be you. No matter who you are, where you're from, or who you love, you can always influence the people around you and make a positive impact in the world.
Know a little more: PepsiCoJobs
Join PepsiCo, dare to transform.
This is a role that requires good programming skills and ability to collaborate with more senior data engineers, product owners.
As Full Stack Python Engineer your responsibilities would consist of:
- Participate in full stack development end-to-end.
- Ensure that we build high quality software by reviewing peer code check-ins.
- Work on a product team leveraging our core technology platforms, which include Direct Commerce, Supply Chain, Marketing Automation, Mobile, and Data.
- Collaborate in architecture discussions and architectural decision making that is part of continually improving and expanding these platforms.
- Participate in feature development in collaboration with other engineers; validate requirements / stories, assess current system capabilities, and decompose feature requirements into engineering tasks.
- Focus on delivering high quality data pipelines and tools through careful analysis of system capabilities and feature requests, peer reviews, test automation, and collaboration with QA engineers
- Develop software in short iterations to quickly add business value.
- Introduce new tools / practices to improve data and code quality; this includes researching / sourcing 3rd party tools and libraries, as well as developing tools in-house to improve workflow and quality for all data engineers.
- Support data pipelines developed in your team through good exception handling, monitoring, and when needed by debugging production issues.
Who Are We Looking For?
For a candidate to succeed in this role, she or he will need:
- 3+ years experience developing web applications
- Good understanding of database design and engineering
- Current skills in following technologies: Relational databases – Postgres, MySQL, or similar
- Familiar with Agile processes and tools such as Jira or Pivotal Tracker; good to have have experience being part of Agile teams, continuous integration, automated testing, and test driven development
If this is an opportunity that interests you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements.
What can you expect from us:
- Opportunities to learn and develop every day through a wide range of programs.
- Internal digital platforms that promote self-learning.
- Development programs according to Leadership skills.
- Specialized training according to the role.
- Learning experiences with internal and external providers.
- We love to celebrate success, which is why we have recognition programs for seniority, behavior, leadership, moments of life, among others.
- Financial wellness programs that will help you reach your goals in all stages of life.
- A flexibility program that will allow you to balance your personal and work life, adapting your working day to your lifestyle.
- And because your family is also important to us, they can also enjoy benefits such as our Wellness Line, thousands of Agreements and Discounts, Scholarship programs for your children, Aid Plans for different moments of life, among others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We respect and value diversity as a work force and innovation for the organization.