PepsiCo's eCommerce team is expanding in Mexico.
The eCommerce (eCom) team promotes PepsiCo products via digital channels. Covering a broad range of fields, eCom is a key element of Marketing, Sales & Commercialization, Supply Chain, Strategy and DTX (Data, Technology and eXperience). Our team at PepsiCo eCommerce works with cutting-edge technology to build our own tech-stack and experiences from scratch. We’re designing the next generation of digital experiences for PepsiCo’s eCom, collaborating with stakeholders directly to meet their needs, and creating user-friendly, research-driven wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes.
With a team of more than 400 associates and offices in Manhattan, Chicago, Plano, Silicon Valley, PepsiCo eCommerce is unleashing the full potential of automation, data science, and machine learning to challenge the way snacks and beverages are sold every day. We are excited to expand our team to Mexico City, with a focus on delivering incredible user experiences (UX), intuitive user interfaces (UI) and a robust, ever-expanding design system (DS).
Job Overview / Main Purpose
You will lead a team of up to 4 engineers that will develop features end-to-end, spanning data modeling, testing, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics. We have established design patterns using different languages (e.g. Elixir, TypeScript etc). However, languages can be learned. We put more emphasis on your general engineering skill and willingness to learn than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
This is a lead role that requires strong technical and people leadership, ability to collaborate cross-functionally with business stakeholders, product managers, designers, and other technology leaders. We are looking for engineers with a passion for technology, researching new solutions and ways of working, who enjoy mentoring other engineers and sharing insights with their peers.
- Lead an engineering team developing features end-to-end, spanning data modeling, testing, scalability, operability and ongoing metrics.
- Ensure that we build high quality software by reviewing peer code check-ins.
- Ensure we hire the best possible talent, continuously developing both team and individuals as well as keeping a strong engagement level.
- Define best practices for engineering and software development as part of a world class engineering team.
- Work across our core technology platforms, including Direct Commerce, Supply Chain, Marketing Automation, Mobile, and Data. Collaborate in architecture discussions and architectural decision-making that is part of continually improving and expanding these platforms.
- Lead feature development in collaboration with other engineers; validate requirements / stories, assess current system capabilities, and assist with the translation of feature requirements into engineering tasks.
- Focus on delivering quality software through careful analysis of system capabilities and feature requests, peer reviews, test automation, and collaboration with QA engineers.
- Develop software in short iterations to quickly add business value.
For a candidate to succeed in this role, she or he will need:
- 5+ years experience developing software applications
- 2+ years experience leading an engineering team
- Deep understanding of database design and engineering
- Strong familiarity with automated test frameworks
- Current skills in following technologies: Elixir, TypeScript, Golang or Python; Relational databases – Postgres, MySQL, or similar; AWS, Azure, or similar cloud platforms; GitHub or similar source control; Automated build process and tools
- Fluent with Agile processes and tools such as Jira or Pivotal Tracker; must have experience running Agile teams, continuous integration, automated testing, and test-driven development.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion in net revenue in 2021, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes LAY’S ®, DORITOS ®, CHEETOS ®, GATORADE ®, PEPSI ®, QUAKER ® and more. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
In PepsiCo, we are committed to offer equal development opportunities to all the candidates, no matter the religion, race, sexual orientation, nationality, age, etc. We respect and appreciate the diversity as a workforce and innovation to the organization.
If you have the profile that we are looking, send us your CV by this via, if it's possible that you can participate in this process we will contact you ASAP, if not we will keep your info in our base data for 6 months.
¡Thank you so much for your interest in PepsiCo!